THE KING GDC SCHOLARSHIP
NETWORK. REPRESENT. INSPIRE.
JOIN US IN SAN FRANCISCO FOR THE GAME DEVELOPERS CONFERENCE!
DIVERSI IN PARTNERSHIP WITH KING PRESENTS OUR KING GDC SCHOLARSHIP 2017 FOR ASPIRING WOMEN IN GAMES
A competition for female (cis/trans) students with permanent EU residency looking to pursue a career in the games industry.
In an effort to further encourage and strengthen the presence of women in the games industry, Diversi in partnership with King will be sending 10 students to the 2017 Game Developers Conference (GDC), the world’s largest and longest-running game industry event.
The Scholarship, a competition initiated by Diversi and King’s employee network Women@King, is open to all female-identifying students with permanent EU residency pursuing a degree and considering a future in the games industry. The scholarship aims to provide more women with the opportunity to grow their network, exchange ideas and ease the transition from student life to work life.
So if you’re thinking about a professional future in the games industry, send us your application and hopefully you will be coming with us to GDC 2017!
TAKE A LOOK AT LAST YEARS WINNERS
The Scholarship Prize Includes
- One ‘All Access Pass’ to the GDC 2017 in San Francisco
- Accommodation for the 5 night stay in San Francisco
- Flight expenses covered
- Access to networking events specific to our Scholarship Programme
How to Participate
To participate, use the sign up form and follow its instructions. If you are chosen for round two we will ask you to complete a video interview for us. The deadline to complete your application is November 25th 2016 and the final winners will be announced January 23rd 2017. Read more »
Deadlines and Dates
- November 25th 2016, Midnight CET – Deadline for all Entries
- December 12th 2016 – Round two candidates are announced
- January 23rd 2017 – Final 10 winners are announced
- Must identify as female (cis/trans-woman)
- Must be in your penultimate, or final year of University or Vocational school and considering a future within the casual games industry of studies. Please note this includes master level students.
- Must be a permanent resident of any member state of the European Union
- Must be eligible to travel to the USA
- Must be able to manage the Visa process on their own
- Must be able to attend the full GDC event; February 27 – March 3 2017
- Must be 18 years old or older.